About our group
REPOL is a student association for the students at the COPL (Centre d’optique, photonique et laser) at Université Laval, Quebec (Quebec), Canada. This group is associated to the international professional societies OSA (The Optical Society) and SPIE (The International Society for Optics and Photonics).
Our goals are to:
- Organize conferences and workshops;
- Plan industrial visits and networking activities with industry representants;
- Organize networking activities (like the annual Christmas party, cocktails, sports and more!);
- Consider our members’ suggestions.
REPOL is officially recognized by Université Laval as a student association and has its own charter (in french only).
REPOL needs your registration to continue growing, because without members, there is no student chapter. The more students are registered to OSA and SPIE, the more money we get from these societies to carry out activities. You can ask your advisor to pay for your registration. They have resources for this and it will be cheaper for them when you go to conferences.
Advantages for being a member of OSA and SPIE
- Monthly magazines and electronic journals.
- Important rebates for conferences and workshops.
- Optics InfoBase : a powerful tool for bibliography.
- Great networking opportunities.
- Grants and scholarships.
- Being a member of a profesionnal association adds credibility to your resume.
- WorkInOptics and SPIEworks, job-seeking websites.
- Two invited speakers per year.
How to sign-up?
To register, fill out the two on-line registration forms: